AMHERST WOMAN’S CLUB
35 Triangle Street
Amherst, MA 01002
AMY BARNES MAYNARD
The Club was founded “to foster the interests of its members in literary, scientific, musical, historical and other topics of vital importance; to promote culture and cordial personal relations among women; and to contribute to the welfare of the community.”
The Hills Memorial Club House was built in 1864 for Leonard M. Hills. It was given to the Amherst Woman’s Club in 1922 by Alice Maud Hills and is on The National Register of Historic Places.